Extended warranty is available on the checkout page.
All vehicles that use this remote are onboard programmable. This means that you can program your vehicle to accept the remote without any special tools or knowledge. Remotes are tested on keyless entry testers to ensure it will work on vehicles equipped with the factory keyless entry system.
Remote For GMC Chevrolet:
Factory keyless entry remote with FCC ID AB01502T. 315 Mhz transmitter with 2 buttons. All vehicles that use this remote are onboard programmable. The GM part number for the remote is 16245102 and 30023942.
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
1. Insert keys in ignition and leave in OFF position.
2. Locate the Data Line Connector (DLC) underneath the driver’s side dashboard. Use the figures below as a map for your DLC (they usually aren’t numbered) based on how your DLC is positioned. The view in the picture below is looking straight into the cavities of the DLC. Notice how the DLC is tapered on both ends: we will be working on the wider row of cavities (1 through 8 in the figure below).
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4 and connect the Data Line Connector (DLC) terminal 8 to terminal 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by cycling the locks (locking then unlocking doors) to signify entering of programming mode.
4. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. After about 30 seconds, the vehicle will respond by cycling the locks (locking then unlocking doors). Release the buttons on the transmitter.
5. Within one minute, repeat step 4 on the remaining transmitters to be programmed.
6. Remove the jumper wire applied to the DLC (disconnect terminals 8 and 4).
7. Test transmitter(s) for function.
The following vehicles can use this remote when equipped with the factory keyless entry system:
GMC C7500 Topkick (2003-2007), Chevrolet C4500 Kodiak (2003-2007), Chevrolet C5500 Kodiak (2003-2007), Chevrolet C6500 Kodiak (2003-2007), Chevrolet C7500 Kodiak (2003-2007), Chevrolet S10 (1997), Chevrolet Silverado (1997-1999), Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (1999-2000), Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (1999-2000), Chevrolet Tracker (1999-2004), GMC C4500 Topkick (2003-2007), GMC C5500 Topkick (2003-2007), GMC C6500 Topkick (2003-2007), GMC Savana 1500 (1997), GMC Savana 2500 (1997), GMC Savana 3500 (1997), GMC Sierra 1500 (1999), GMC Sierra 2500 (1999), GMC Sonoma (1997).