Extended warranty is available on the checkout page.
When there aren't 2 working keys to use to initiate programming, an automotive locksmith is required for programming. If there are two keys already working with the vehicle, this can be programmed with an easy to use customer programming procedure.
Remote For Ford:
Factory Remote Head Key with FCC ID CWTWB1U722.
Rotunda Part Number: 164-R7013
Ford Part Number: 8G1T-19H316-A.
Strattec Part Number: 692395
Chip: TEXAS ID 4D 63 (Locked 40 Bit)
This remote has 4 buttons, tested and guaranteed to work.
- Note: If you have two unique working keys to start the engine, then you can use the procedure below to add more yourself.
1. Insert an existing key into the ignition.
2. Turn the ignition to ON (RUN) and back to OFF.
3. Remove the existing key and within 5 seconds insert the other existing key and turn it to ON (RUN) then back to OFF.
4. Insert the new key before 10 seconds have elapsed, and turn it to ON (RUN). Leave it ON for 1 second and turn back to OFF.
5. The security light will light up for 3 seconds to indicate programming has been successful.
- For Ford Taurus 2010-2011 and Ford Mustang 2010:
1. Insert the first previously programmed coded keys into the ignition.
2. Turn the ignition from the 1 (LOCK) position to the 3 (RUN) position. Keep the ignition in the 3 (RUN) position for at least 3 seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition to the 1 (LOCK) position and remove the first coded key from the ignition.
4. Within 10 seconds of turning the ignition to the 1 (LOCK) position, insert the second previously coded key into the ignition.
5. Turn the ignition from the 1 (LOCK) position to the 3 (RUN) position. Keep the ignition in the 3 (RUN) position for at least 3 seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
6. Turn the ignition to the 1 (LOCK) position and remove the second coded key from the ignition.
7. Within 20 seconds of turning the ignition to the 1 (LOCK) position and removing the previously programmed coded key, insert the new un-programmed key (new key/valet key) into the ignition.
8. Turn the ignition from the 1 (LOCK) position to the 3 (RUN) position. Keep the ignition in the 3 (RUN) position for at least 6 seconds.
9. Remove the newly programmed coded key from the ignition.
If the key has been successfully programmed, it will start the vehicle’s engine and will operate the remote entry system (if the new key is an Integrated Keyhead Transmitter). The theft indicator light will illuminate for 3 seconds and then go out to indicate successful programming.
If the key was not successfully programmed, it will not start your vehicle’s engine and/or will not operate the remote entry features. The theft indicator light may flash on and off. Wait 20 seconds and you may repeat Steps 1 through 8. If the failure repeats, bring your vehicle to your authorized dealer to have the new key(s) programmed.
To program additional new un-programmed key(s), wait 20 seconds and then repeat this procedure from Step 1.
The following vehicles can use this remote when equipped with the factory keyless entry system:
Ford Taurus (2008-2011), Ford Edge (2007-2010), Ford Escape (2008-2010), Ford Flex (2009-2010), Ford Fusion (2007-2010), Ford Mustang (2010).